Wednesday 22 May 2013

Friends Themed Cake!


My sister turned 20 last week and she is obsessed with the tv show friends. It's not just her, myself and my cousin are all friends obsessed and constantly quote the show, which is why when it was time for me to think of a cake idea I had no problems!
She explained to me "All I want is a plain cake with buttercream icing"
pffffffffffft does she know me at all? so I compromised and did a sponge cake with buttercream filling and fondant decorations.
For those of you not familiar with friends, the cake is the door of the apartment the main characters live in. it's become an iconic symbol of the show.

unfortunately I don't have photos of the stages it took me to make this cake, but it was as simple as covering the cake in buttercream icing for the fondant to stick to, then rolling out the fondant and adding the features.
 
I used an edible marker to add quotes from the show on the side of the cake.
 
It was very delicious if I do say so myself.
 
Love
Hungry Cakes
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment