Friday 12 April 2013

Cream Cheese Frosting



It's sweet, it's tart, it's delicious and goes with basically anything, it's Cream Cheese Frosting!
Now, although I love lollies and chocolate and all things sugary, I struggle to eat through a cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting bought from a cake shop as it is so so sweet! Therefore I have put together this lovely recipe of Cream Cheese Frosting that's not too sweet, not too tart, but just right.
As I have mentioned before in my recipes I like to be exact in my measurements, you may look at that last dob of Philadelphia in the packet and think "what's the harm in adding it?" it's completely up to you, but I have experimented with all measurements and find this is best recipe. 
 
Ingredients
454g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temperature. (I use the blocks not the pre softened tubs)
120g Butter, at room temperature
2 Cups of pure icing sugar, sifted
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
Helpful Hint: Pure icing sugar is very sensitive to air exposure, sometimes when left in the pantry it can become lumpy and appear almost like rocks. To fix this simply measure the amount of icing sugar and then put into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Then transfer through a sieve before adding to mixture.
Now for the method:
  1. Measure all ingredients out into bowls
  2. Sift Icing Sugar
  3. Beat using an electric mixer the Cream Cheese, Butter and Vanilla into a large bowl until smooth and combined
  4. Gradually add spoonful's of Icing Sugar into the mixture while continuing to beat
  5. Scrape the sides of the bowl down with a spatula
    And you are done!
 
 
This frosting is so delicious that even my Dad likes to help clean the bowl out after I'm done!
 
Hope you enjoy the recipe
Love
Hungry Cakes
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment